Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Voting

This is a big election. Big enough for me to get involved. Or perhaps I'm realizing my right with age. Or at least the importance of it. It's been interesting to say the least. From someone coming out of a complete political hibernation to a decision making voter.

I haven't voted since I was 18, but a few months ago I decided I was going to vote this year and got my registration up to date. In just the last 2 weeks I've started to pay attention, so that I might make the choice I want to make, and not the choice I think I should make due to other people and their opinions. That's a hard thing to do. Or at least it is for me. I'm highly swayed by others' around me.

I've finally made my choice and I'll be heading down to the polls after work to cast my vote. If for no other reason than to justify the women who fought so hard, not so long ago, for my right to vote.

No comments: