Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Home Improvements

I spent some time today working on home improvements.

I ran out to the local Container Store and bought a shelving unit to house our entertainment center. If you'd call it that. I wouldn't. It's no more than a TV, DVD player and stereo.

I also ran by Home Depot and picked up a light fixture to go over the kitchen sink. It's a hanging light that's beautiful bright yellow blown glass with an artistic swirl coming off the bottom. An upside down ice cream look, if you will. The cord is quite long and I need to tack it up and out of the way to finish and attach the fixture.

I got the shelving unit put together as well, but will need to get a longer cable to move the TV to it. (the cable jack is on a different wall) Also while at the Container Store, I picked up a spice rack and will spend some time this evening transferring spices from the containers they came in.

Progress!

3 comments:

S. Kay said...

Is the lamp you bought like the lamps you were looking at on the website the other day?

Sarah said...

Yep. Cept all yellow.

John Piccolo said...

I posted a comment but it went away.

I said tie a knot in the cord so you dont have to nail into something. and hang it from the knot. You can make it nice and stuff.