Monday, October 25, 2004

Family

My sister lives about 3 hours west. Her youngest daughter had her 12th birthday on the 6th of this month and just this past Saturday we all got together to celebrate.

I got up early Saturday morning to drive to my parent's house. I came in to find three of my brother's little girls quietly playing in Dad's computer room. Messy haired, puffy eyed and cute as can be. They bolted to me with angelic smiles on their faces to squeeze my legs in their tiny hugs.

Mom, Dad and I were headed out to sister's first, in their car. Brother was going to bring out the little ones, with his girlfriend and her son, meeting us all at party time. So the three of us piled in the car and were on our way.

We talked about TV, politics and Christmas plans. Chattering and laughing the miles away. We arrived around 11:30 and were greeted with more smiles and hugs. After a quick lunch we packed up the cars and headed to where the birthday girl picked for her party. Bowling!

Shortly after arriving, Brother showed up with his crew in tow and the party was underway. We had two lanes. One with bumpers and a ramp for the little ones to bowl and the other set up normal. We did the normal party thing. Cake, presents and bowled two games. Then we all headed out to eat. 14 of us total. Had a good meal and even more fun. Then we kissed and hugged the little ones goodbye, along with brother and his girlfriend. Mom, dad and I headed back to sister's house.

Sunday we got up and had donuts. Then mom, sister and I made some earrings for a lady mom works with. One of my sister's girls suggested we go bowling again. After a short pause of silence, we all smiled and said "Okay!" Hehehhe so 6 of us headed out and went to bowl two more games.

We laughed and talked smack. Mom kept saying "It's on now!" Not one of us bowled over 85 points, but it didn't matter. It was fun, and it was with family.

We've decided it needs to be a more regular thing. I think we're going to plan another bowling trip in a few weeks. :D

1 comment:

S. Kay said...

OH dear. Hanging out in bowling alleys You could become one of those, yanno, BOWLING LADIES. With big balls. Not quite as bad as a bingo lady.