Friday, October 22, 2004

Dance!

I won't be in town this weekend, so I went to my makeup bellydance class last night. See, there are 3 beginner classes during the week and the Saturday class is the last of the 3. So if I want to learn that week's lesson, I have to go on a night before I'd normally go. ;) Essentially, making up a class before it even happens.

Anyway, Thursdays are quite different than Saturday mornings. The warm up music was more up beat and I found that I was more limber than usual. I figure it due to the fact that I've been up all day and have moved around a lot, but regardless, it was nice to be able to grab the bottom of my feet!

We're learning a full routine and got through the last few steps last night. It was so fun! It's a great dance. We've still got to polish, of course, and learn a few more arm movements, but the meat of it is there. The teacher also gave us a written hand out of the steps. Now I can practice at home and have my sheet there incase I forget any steps.

I'm looking forward to polishing this fun dance and performing it at our "graduation" in a couple of months.

No comments: