Friday, August 12, 2005

System of a Down

Two words. HOLY CRAP! That was an awesome show.

I acted like a 20 year old, broke a couple of laws, danced my ass off and got really drunk. So drunk, it's 11am the next day and I can still feel it. I'm in hangover hell and I don't care. It was worth it!

And obviously, if you read my blog from the past couple of months, I needed this.

We arrived at about 7:45 and by 9:15 I was on my 4th beer and the band was coming on stage. I screamed till my head hurt, pounded my fist in the air and had a good hard headbang/body pulse going for a straight hour and a half.

My legs hurt and I kept going. My voice weakened during screams and I kept pushing. Every ounce of built up stress I forced out as hard as I could. And when they went off stage I screamed till the lights came on.

Even in the parking lot I kept whooping and hollering and we listened to the album again on the drive home and I sang and danced as best I could in the car.

Possibly the best concert experience I've ever had. I'll see these guys again every time they come through.

No comments: