Monday, August 22, 2005

Belly Dancing

I was in my 4th show last night. The first one I did was about 9 months after I started dancing. 6 months later we did another one and that was the last time I danced for about 2 years.

Last summer I took up new classes and we had a small “beginner graduation” after 6 months, which moved us into Advanced I. So last night we had our first Adv. I show and it was just as fun as the rest.

All total I’ve been dancing about 2 ½ years. And up until this point I haven’t had the drive to work harder and move into the higher class and possible consider soloing at some point. But something happened yesterday. I was inspired, or aware that I’m good enough or something. I also realized I do have a great desire to do more, learn more and be better.

So instead of dancing once a week in class I think I’ll start working a bit harder. I’m going to get out the choreographies I have copies of that we have to learn to test out of Adv. I. I’m going to work on them and learn them and test out. So come Christmas, instead of doing another Adv. I routine, I’ll do an Adv. II routine, or god help me a smaller show with me and a girl or two that we work out, on our own.

I’m finally ready to move on. I figured this day would come, when I was brave enough and knew enough to feel confident. Now that it’s here, I’m excited and can’t wait to see what happens.

Maybe R.A. will get out her shinies one more time and dance a routine we know at Christmas. Just the two of us.

1 comment:

S. Kay said...

You looked great, and you really belonged up there in the middle with your bright colors and big smile.