Monday, December 27, 2004

Wow... Breathe

I've never been so busy in my entire life! My 5 day Christmas vacation was NOT restful.

Right after work on Tuesday, the 21st, I drove to my sister's house to help her and my mother redecorated sister's daughters' rooms.

We painted walls, windows and doors, hung canopies, rearranged furniture and put in new pillows, curtains, blinds, chairs and rugs. It was hard work, but so worth it. The girls saw pictures of their new rooms on Christmas day and just about bust. They can't wait to see them in person. Pretty nifty Christmas gift if you ask me. :)

After the decorating we went back to my folks' house on Christmas Eve Day. With all the little girls running around, it was hardly relaxing. My honey showed up at about 6pm. I was so glad to see him. My safe harbor. My comfort zone.

We stayed the night and woke early to find the little ones wide eyed and excited that Santa had come. After the morning festivities of opening gifts and dumping stockings, we made breakfast. It was easier this year. I suggested we have fruit and home made pigs 'n blankets. Much quicker than cooking bacon!

Honey went off to work at noon and I stayed the rest of the day. Playing cards, watching movies and making dinner. It was good, as usual. And afterward we went out to see Christmas lights. I was going to head home but decided to go ahead and stay one more night so us bigger girls could go shopping on Sunday.

We headed out early to Target and then went to eat lunch. A little more shopping after that and then I went home. Finally. 5 nights gone can really wear a person out. I was so glad to be home, in my space, with my cats and my honey.

Needless to say, I slept like a log. It's so good to be home.


No comments: