Tuesday, December 14, 2004

A Real Christmas Tree

So I have a boyfriend who comes from New Hampshire. He insisted that we get a real Christmas tree this year. Last year we didn't have one at all due to being super busy and not having the money to buy all the trimmings. But we made the effort this year.

Not only is it my first REAL tree, it's my first tree as an adult! We got to go buy all the ornaments we liked, and the star and garland. I've been bouncing off the wall for weeks waiting for the time to come to get the tree. I've been asking him all sorts of questions.

"How soon can we get one?" "How much water will it need?" And then at the tree lot I had comments "That one is too big" or "too little" or "too pokey"

We ended up with one that wasn't the softest, but wasn't the meanest either. We brought it home and I put on a long sleeve shirt and some gardening gloves and started wrapping the lights around it. He sat on the couch and put hooks on all the little bulbs. Then I started decorating it while he directed me when he saw a blank spot, or a spot with too many of the same color.

It was fun to say the least. I love our little tree.

3 comments:

S. Kay said...

Where's the MOOSE? What about the MOOOOOOSE??

It needs a moose.

Sarah said...

It HAS a Moose! Just not in the picture. :p

John Piccolo said...

sweet tree :)

dont forget the water :p