Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Implementation and Audit and School, Oh My!

Lots and lots to do. Work is very busy right now with a new Accounting/MRP system implementation plus an annual audit. Not to mention normal course of work, plus the month end duties and payroll this week!

We've been in system implementation mode for many many months now. In a nut shell, the project managers suck and we're way behind. I've busted my ass and bitch and moaned and baffled at how badly the wheels have fallen off of this project for weeks and weeks and I'm literally burned to the wick. I'm so worn by it all I just really don't care anymore. Eventually it will work itself out and hopefully we'll be able to make some sense of this circus and move forward. In the meantime, I've washed my hands of it as much as I can.

It's also annual audit time. Actually we're about 6 months behind, but they are here now and we're in full swing. I've been scurrying around all morning gathering files and binders of data, printing reports and explaining processes to get things moving in the right direction. I just unloaded a bunch of data on the 1 person who is here doing this audit. I like to call it a paper bomb. Give them what they ask for and then some and it'll keep them busy most of the day.

I need to make sure payroll gets in smoothly this week. We had a few changes, so my brain gets to work some numbers, more so than normal. Certainly not difficult, just one more task on my plate. One more responsibility. But hey! That's why they pay me.

I'm hoping most of this extra work is done and out of the way by the end of the week, because next Tuesday I start school again. It's only 5 weeks for the second summer semester I enrolled for, but the class hours are tough and I'm going to be beat down by the end of it. My "me" time is going on the back burner for the next 5 weeks, and honestly, I've never done that before, so I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it.

I just keep telling myself that it's only 5 weeks. :) Piece of cake. I hope this teacher is as easy as the last one and I keep my 4.0 with no problem. I'll know next week!

*trying to keep my head above water*

1 comment:

Dale said...

Hi Sarah. Welcome back to Blogtown. We've missed you. Hang in there, girl. You'll do just fine, I'll bet.