Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The coolest webcam EVER!

I ran across this link today and haven't been able to stop watching it. Which is really bad considering I am at work.

It's of Pete's" Pond in Botswana. When I first clicked it I expected a bad stationary web cam where your only hope to see anything cool at all is to stare at it all day and hope something pauses long enough in front of the camera. But oh how I was wrong!

Not only is it not stationary, it's a really great connection and camera. Plus the watering hole is VERY active. Within 5 minutes of watching a pack of baboons came down for a drink. Less than 10 minutes later a bull elephant was there!

In the course of the afternoon, checking randomly to see what might be there, I've seen a warthog, giraffes, an ostrich, an elephant, baboons, lions, steenbok, elands and assorted birds!!

It's AWESOME!

No comments: