Monday, November 07, 2005

3-Day Breast Cancer Walk

Well I did it. I registered for the 3-Day 2006 walk. Its 60 miles in 3 days. The event for my area is late October 2006.

Fortunately that gives me a lot of time to train. And boy do I have along way to go before I can do something like this! I'm nervous but motivated.

And to top off the difficulty in training, I also have to raise $2200 to walk in the event. I figure if I can accomplish both of those goals, then actually walking the event will be quite a celebration.

And of course we can't forget why I'd even do something like this. It's for the Susan G. Komen Foundation, to fund breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment programs, as well as the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund, to provide an endowment for breast cancer initiatives. (hehe i took that from their website)
http://www.the3day.org

My father did this in June of this year. It was wonderful! We're actually working on this together and hope to walk it together in 2006!

I'm excited. It's a powerful event and I hope to raise enough money to walk, but if I don't, I'll be happy with what I can raise in order to donate to the Foundation.

I don't have the link to my donation page yet. Hopefully I'll get that this week and can get it out there for folks to help, if they so choose. :D

No comments: