Friday, March 18, 2005

Spring Time

It's coming. Well, at least in Texas it is. I think it's already here actually. I've seen tulips in bloom and trees are flowering. We had 2 'cold' days this week that sent us all into shock, but its back up to 60 and the sun is shining!

This is my most favorite time of year. The wildflowers here are incredible. It's nice to see the geese flying back in and hearing all the little birds chirping.

The whole world seems to come out of its hiding places. Festivals start and outdoor sports. People in parks, having picnics and playing with their kids.

I carry my camera with me everywhere I go this time of year, because I always seem to see something that's beautiful. Everything is so crisp and colorful, the sun shining bright and the sky is blue blue, so so blue!

The Fort Worth Main Street Art Festival is next month. They block off the whole road and put in booths of art. It's great fun to wander around and browse. Eat roasted corn and listen to great music. Last year we stood and watched an African Dance troop hop around on stage with what seemed to be endless strength and energy. All the while, munching on our roasted peanuts.

The Renny faire comes around next month too. I'd say that's my favorite place to go. The shows are good, the food is great and the shops are just fun. I always end up with some trinket to display in my home or an item to wear to the next faire.

Gallery Night is a neat event. Fort Worth puts together a night where all the art galleries in town open their doors, put out cheap wine and food to nibble on, so folks can wander into off the wall art shops and coo over beautiful pieces. Most of the galleries that participate are on a strip of road that could be walked if you wanted, but it's easy enough to cruise up and down the block and stop in where you might find things of interest.

This is the time of year that most people, including myself, get motivated to open their windows, throw up the blinds and air out our dusty dark living spaces. Things get de-cluttered and the kitties get to go out on the porch and lay in the planters. The AC/Heater doesn't get turned on because the air is so refreshing and perfectly warm or cool.

This is the time of year that it almost feels sinful to spend a Saturday indoors. So go outside people! Soak in the sun, and breathe in the fresh new smells of new life.

You'll certainly find me out there! :D

West Texas Sky ~ www.josiahdavidson.com

1 comment:

S. Kay said...

I got out and rode my bike with my sweetie this weekend. Both days were beautiful, breezy and perfect. I can't imagine how anyone could stay inside on days like this!