Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mini Vacation

I spent the last four days with my Honey and his parents. The parents were visiting from New Hampshire and we filled the weekend and days around it with things to do and see in the area. We went to a rodeo, the botanical and Japanese gardens, a museum and an Omni show plus we took the train to Dallas and went to the Dallas World Aquarium.

I'm pretty tired from my 4 day vacation and am looking forward to a quiet weekend coming up. Other than a baby shower on the 20th I have no other plans and I aim to keep it that way.

I've used a Kodak EasyShare DX4330 for about 5 years and it has been very good to me however I recently played with a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi and am forever spoiled. The point and shoot just isn't going to cut it ever again but since that is all I have for now I took it out and about with the visitors and shot what I could.

Here are a handful of highlights.










I'm glad it was a bright and sunny day. This camera has always done better with outdoor photography. I have to say also, the dragonfly picture is the crowning jewel if for no other reason than it is extremely difficult to snap them. They normally don't sit still long enough, and certainly not when you only have a point and shoot and have to lean in within a foot to capture it!

I was so excited that it turned out. Now all I have to do is save my pennies for the camera I REALLY want.

Oh one more thing, I don't believe in touching up photos so what you see here are original from the camera.

3 comments:

Rocky Mountain Suz said...

HOLY MOLEY! Sarah you've got some mad photography skills. Your pictures turned out amazing!!!

Sarah said...

Thanks Suz!

S. Kay said...

Remember, once you go SLR, there's no going back. They effin RAWK but they'll break you, what with their whining. My Nikon is sitting up there on my bookshelf whining, "Hey, I need a new lens. Sure, the zoom is nice but wouldn't I look good with a 60mm macro? When are you going to get a flash for me? Can I at least have a filter or two?"