Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Weekend: Catagorized!

I went bowling!
I took a half day trip to a small ‘town’ and ate BBQ!
I bought a new car!
I went bird watching!

Okay bowling first. My Uncle and I have a standing date every Friday to bowl. Sometimes things come up and we don’t go, but I’d say it is rapidly becoming a thing. We like it. It’s fun.

After a few games we met up with my Aunt and the 3 of us took a little half day trip out to Natty Flat Smokehouse. It’s this great little BBQ joint out in the middle of nowhere. Next to it sits the Texas Hill Country Furniture & Mercantile. I had a chopped beef sandwich and then bought a few little items for my nieces in the mercantile.


With typical hill country charm, in the parking lot sits “The World’s Largest Cedar Rocking Chair.” There’s even a certificate from Guinness in the smokehouse.


On Saturday I bought a new car. Buying a new car wasn’t in the plan. I didn’t expect to need a new car this weekend. However, on Thursday night, my old car decided it was time. Sure it was fixable, but it was hardly worth it at this point. I’ve been limping it along for a while now and since the current problem required replacing the engine, we decided to let it go. So now I have a shiny new car! And a car payment!

Saturday night, after 4 hours of haggling at the dealership, my husband and I took the new car out to my folks’ house to show it off and stay the night. We played games and watched TV as usual.

On Sunday morning, my father, mother and I went out on the boat to see the migrating water birds. As far as we can remember, there have never been so many birds at the lake!



I suppose the area isn’t usually a stopping place. This year however, it most certainly is. There are gulls, terns, cormorants, coots, and pelicans! We even saw an osprey. The pelicans took the cake though.


What a COOL bird. They’re like pterodactyls! We were in awe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pelican shot!

Sarah said...

Thanks! Those things are hard to capture. ;)