Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Cowtown Classic

Call me crazy if you want but just today I decided to see if I can do the shortest distance in the Cowtown Classic this year. Its 20 miles. I haven't been on my bike in at least a year. The ride is 2 1/2 weeks away.

I spent a few minutes looking at the info on the website, printed the cue and route maps along with the registration form. Then I ran to Target and picked up a Bike Computer. I've been wanting one anyway as I anticipate bike riding will commence this fall when the weather cools. We live too close to a NICE trail to not be riding.

Anyway, so over the next couple of weeks I'll see how far I can ride without too much trouble to gauge if I can even pull off a 20 mile ride in this short of a time.

I think I can. Actually I know I can so really the question is, can I do it and still enjoy it. That's the part I think I can do.

We'll see. I'll update how my first ride goes soon.

3 comments:

Rocky Mountain Suz said...

RIGHT ON!!!!!!

Tara said...

Good for you! That was the very first organized ride I ever did. The shortest route when I did it was 10 miles, and that was actually way too easy. 20 is more of a challenge. You can do it!

S. Kay said...

Awesome goal!. You're going to love the bike computer.