Monday, July 28, 2008

Long Vacation

Well I've been on vacation since the 19th and I'm back to work today. I spent last week at my parents' house on the lake and I am SORE. It's all good though. Being sore from tubing is awesome. I have at least 7 bruises too. As Dad said, "Living on the lake is hard." :)

I feel like I need to get back to business now. My head is full of projects, to-do lists and ideas. I'm going to write it all down to make more sense of it so I can empty my head a bit and get more organized.

There is still a lot to do in the house:

* It occurred to me this morning that we have a ton more storage space in the kitchen than I realized. There's a space on top of the cabinets where my grandmother kept her cookie jars. We've got lots of dishes we don't use everyday, along with smaller appliances that will fit up there nicely. So the kitchen will need some reorganizing.

* The bedroom needs to be finished in regards of painting. I also need to thin out my clothes and pack away the winter things. I should have done that months ago but it will be hot for many months more so I still think it will be a good idea to get those things put away.

* The hallway needs some major touchups. The paint peeled really badly when we pulled the tape off of the molding.

* The dining room hasn't even been started even though we have the paint colors chosen and bought.

* There are boxes in the living room that still have stuff in them that need to be dealt with. I'll be weeding through those again to donate some things that I thought I wanted to keep a few months ago when we went through them the first time.

* The closed in porch area is looking ratty again too. Things get stashed in there too easily. I want to make that room nicer. To brighten it up, I even thought about painting the wood paneling. We also need to finish the laundry area. The pipes are and dryer duct is an eyesore and we have plans to add shelves in there to hide them and also be useful for laundry needs.

And then there is the yard. This is all just stuff that needs to be done. I haven't even gotten to all of the things I want to do for me. There are a myriad of things I want to learn, I'd love to get a real garden going, install a rain water collection system and start a compost pile. I also just bought a bunch of patterns to make clothes, some for everyday wear and some for belly dance costuming. I've also got the urge to start being creative again with painting and drawing.

Oh yeah and I'd also got to find the time to loose 70lbs and change my entire eating lifestyle.

Some days this all overwhelms me and other days I'm glad I've got the energy and passion to want to do so many things. This is where the list and good planning comes in so I can take things one day at a time and eventually I'll get some things done that need to be done and along the way, do other things that I want to do.

No wonder I'm so tired at the end of the day. My brain is full tilt.

3 comments:

Tara said...

If you actually do even 50% of the things you want to do, the weight will take care of itself. Really. :-)

I have similarly long lists (both mental and on paper). I know how you feel. It's really not helping that it's so hot every day - I'm not getting much done at all.

Rocky Mountain Suz said...

Your list makes me tired!!!!!!! and I agree with Tara, the weight will take care of itself.

Sometimes I wish I lived closer to you guys again. Especially since you want to be creative again---we could have craft day~with WINE of course!!!

Sarah said...

Craft day would rock. At least we have the internetz to share so easily. :) And you're both right, the weight, as I get older, is becoming more and more of a non-issue in regards to me fretting over it.